Now is the time
Now is the time to add video and animation to your website, presentations, training, social media efforts and marketing communication. EVERYONE is online.
Who We Are
We are your storyteller experts, looking for the “what”, “why” and “how” in your story so that we can write a script for you that is engaging, memorable and appropriate for your audience. We ask the right questions so that we can tell your story in an authentic way. Our work is completely original, customized for your project and we are US-based. Below is a partial list of clients.
Our Animation Process
A Brief Conversation
To kick off the animation (or video) project we first need to know the following:
- The goal of your animation
(What is your message, your call-to-action or story?)
- Who will see this animation
(Who is your target audience(s)?)
- Length of the animation
(1-to-3-minute animations are a common length unless you have a longer story to tell or are using whiteboard animation for training purposes)
- Quantity of animations
(Are you interested in a series of animations, or a one-time project?)
- Animation placement
(How are you using the animation?)
Writing Your Story (Script)
We tailer our writing to suit your organization’s unique needs with a script that speaks to your diverse audiences. We typically offer two rounds of copy reviews and edits during this phase. We present the storyboard to you in PowerPoint so that you can view the sequences in slideshow mode using placeholder art concepts. This is a nice way to get an idea on how the animation might flow!
Designing with Style
Greenlight Interactive provides a variety of artistic styles. Dry erase whiteboard animation. Marker. Watercolor. Pen and Ink. Pastel. Mixed Media. 2D Animation. We do it all and we cater our visual style to meet the tone of your animation. If you want emotional, you may prefer fine art for the style. If you want to share your annual report in the form of animation, you may want 2D animation. We are proud of our ability to turn complex ideas into simple messages using whatever medium makes the most sense for you!
We source our voiceover talent from across the globe. If you need an accent, or a full language translation we can deliver. We typically provide 2-3 options for you to choose from that match the tone and style of your animation.
Putting it all together
At this stage we take all art assets into our editing software to create the animation. Assets include final voiceover based on the approved script, original art, background music and sound effects as appropriate. We also enhance the video with postproduction elements such as color correction and other nuances that perfect the final product.
Animation is great for websites, social media, presentations, training, direct marketing. It is important for us to know how the animation is being used because at this stage we need to create and export the video file in a format that works for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much of a time commitment do you need from our company to make this happen?
We just need two things from our clients to start. First, we have a simple questionnaire we walk through with our clients which helps us understand your project objectives, your target market, and your key messages. Next, we ask for any background information you might have including marketing material and brand assets such as brand guidelines and logos. Then we take this and run with it!
Who writes the script?
About 90% of the time, we write the script for you based on your answers to questions we ask you about your project and project goals. We also work with clients who supply scripts to us. In these cases, we evaluate the script provided for illustration flow and offer suggestions on how to modify it so that it works for animation.
How long does it take to create an animation?
The average time it takes to create a whiteboard animation is about 3 weeks once the script has been approved. The process is quite simple and we help lead you through the process.
- First we ask for background information from you.
- Next we generate a script and storyboard based on your input.
- Once the storyboard and script are final, we literally head to the drawing board to draw original art and/or film this live action drawing.
- And once our artists feel excited about the final artwork (!) we move to the editing process where we add cool sound effects, background music and voice over all synched up with the artwork.
- And then voila! Your video is complete.
How much does an animation cost?
Animation costs range based on the length of the animation and complexity of the animation. Because we know that you want a quick answer to this question, we can safely say that our animation costs start at about $3,000 per running minute. This cost includes storyboarding, original art concept and final drawings as well as editing. This cost does not include script writing or voiceover. We ask for payments in installments with a retainer payment due at the beginning of the project.
Do you offer animations in languages other than English?
Yes, we do! We often get requests for localization. We work with translators and hire voiceover talent from across the glove to create animations in multiple languages. We have created animations in French, German, Spanish, Farsi, Arabic and more.
What are the best types of animations to create for my business?
- The most common types of animations are overview explainer videos which focuses on how your business solves a particular problem for your targeted audience. This formula is based on looking at customer pain points, your business solution, and a call to action.
- The next most common type of animation is an animation that helps explain how something works such as a product demo.
- Animation is also great for training videos. Some trainers can mix video into their training sessions—a great way to keep your audience engaged. Or you can simply post training videos online.
- Other great uses are viral videos that pull in viewers with engaging ice breaker videos for presentations and keynotes or brand building videos that simply get your name out in a clever way.
Why should I choose Greenlight Interactive over other companies?
- Greenlight Interactive animations are completely original. Our whiteboard animations do not use clip art but instead are based on the talent of our artists who offer a range of creative styles—anything from charcoal to marker to dry erase to mixed media. We can draw more cartoony—or more serious—based on the marketing objectives of your project. We customize the art to each project and when you see a hand moving, it is a real hand, not a mechanical hand generated from software.
- You own it. Because we are creating original artwork you are not going to see it anywhere else. And so, you own the video. You can even use the artwork to compliment other marketing projects by extracting a drawing and re-using it. We don’t care. It’s yours to use.
- If you need an animation localized in another language we can help. We have created animations in French, German, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish and Portuguese. If you need it pronto, we can do it!
- We are US-based which makes it easier for US-based companies to work with us.
What other services do you offer?
Funny you should ask! Greenlight Interactive is an established marketing company with expertise in web and video. We offer infographic animation videos, traditional animation, training videos, live action videos and general marketing videos.